Each tutor must receive 10 documented hours of training and must tutor for 25 documented hours in the Center for Student Learning in order to qualify for Level I certification.
Tutor training activities may be selected from the following list:
- CSL Student Employee Training: This a mandatory half day of training offered at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters for both new and returning tutors.
- Study Strategies Workshops: These are offered each semester by the Study Strategies staff. Attending at least one seminar is required for certification. Dates and times offered are on our web page.
- Online Training Modules in OAKS
- Job Shadowing
- Fridays @ 1: Workshops on a variety of topics are offered each semester.
- Diversity Workshops offered by the Office of Institutional Diversity: Workshops on a variety of topics are offered each semester.
- Tutor Staff Meetings: Dates, times and topics will be announced via email or flyers in the lab.
Each tutor is required to keep a record of his/her training activities in the form entitled Certification Attendance and Reflection Sheet.
When all checklist requirements have been satisfied, please give all documents to your lab director or supervisor . Tutors are bound by the College of Charleston Honor Code when reporting tutor training activities.
- Level I Certification Checklist
- Level II Certification Checklist
- Level III Certification Checklist
- Observation/Evaluation Form for Level I Certification
- Certification Attendance and Reflection Sheet